Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Fish Friday @ Triple Bs

So last Friday my brother calls me up and says we need to check out Bluff, Burger, & Brew ( @bluffburgerand ). Apparently they've started frying catfish on Fridays and their doing a great job of it. So, I jumped at the chance and met him there at 12.

If you haven't been to 3B's yet, then I need to explain the setting. They are a typical Bar with the racks of liquor, pool table, dart board, scattered tables, Tv's everywhere, and a half dozen smokers. Now I don't mind a bar setting, even though I'm not a drinker. However, I'm not a fan of cigarette smoke as I don't like it messing with my palate, but it wasn't cloying so I tolerated it in hopes of some great fish.

Right off the bat I was a little worried as they only had 1 waitress, and 1 cook working. I sat down and after more than a few minutes the slightly harried waitress stopped by to get my drink order. My brother finally showed up a few minutes later and the waiting began. At about 12:20 I was handed my sweet tea, chips and salsa. At 12:25, she came back by and took my brothers drink order. At 12:30 we overheard that the kitchen had lost 6 fish orders. At 12:40 she finally came and took our orders, and at nearly 1:00 we were delivered our burgers ( we were short on time by then and hoped the burgers would be faster). In all fairness the burgers were handmade and juicy. They were served with potato chips, but still very filling, and the sweet tea was excellent. The chips and salsa were average but kept me busy during our wait. According to some of the other patrons the fish was delicious even if it was slow. I plan to give them another chance soon, as I can truly understand having a bad day. All in all it was still a good long lunch with my brother.

Give them a try and let me know your experience.

Enjoy

#pbfoodie #yum #poplarbluffmo #573#bluffburgerandbrew #triplebs#burgerandchips #sweettea #bar#smokefreepb #funlunchwithmybrother#hadtogetmyownrefills#hopefullyjustabadday #fridayfish#friedcatfish

No comments:

Post a Comment